|Brand Name||Green Table Foods|
|Products||Kimchi, Mustard, Other Canadian Condiments, Pickled Products & Salsa|
|Address||40 Taggart Street, Unit 4, Guelph, Ontario, N1L 1M5|
Brand Story :
Green Table Foods is a family-owned business located in Guelph, Ontario. We’re enamoured by the great fermentation traditions of the world. Our approach is simple: “Food is Life.” Since 2005, we’ve been making nutritious, Lacto-fermented vegetable foods with certified organic, farm-direct ingredients, one small batch at a time.
We purchase our ingredients directly from farmers in our region. This ensures a fair price for the hard work they do and a stable price for our customers. We like to call it “local fair trade.” With respect for people being the motivating force, it helps to put food dollars directly back into our local economy. We do not use any weird or unpronounceable ingredients and we keep our supply chain as simple and transparent as possible.
- Each ingredient meets our high standards of integrity and flavour.
- Everything is processed in-house — from peeling and slicing our own carrots, to grinding fresh ginger root, to slicing cabbage into thin, lacy furls.
- Wild fermented — our process requires no out-sourced starters.
- “Certified Organic” in Canada means 100% GMO-free!
Because we are a Certified Organic company, how we handle our food is just as important as what goes into it.
- We don’t irradiate our food. No irradiation means better retention of vitamins and enzymes and no formation of unique radiolytic products.
- We do not pasteurize, a process that destroys vital nutrients, enzymes, and probiotic bacteria. (We adore those microscopic little buddies.)
- We use 100% reusable and recyclable North American-made glass mason jars, because they’re better for our health and our planet.